We really want you to always get the most from using our websites and applications (apps). That's why we like to tailor their content to better fit your needs and preferences. We use various techniques for this, including cookies, pixels, software development kits, local storage and similar technologies (collectively referred to below as 'cookies').
Whenever we refer to 'We/us/our' in this policy, we mean one of the entities listed in section 5 below.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer, smartphone or tablet when you visit a website or use an app. They contain information like your preferred language for viewing a website, so you don't need to switch languages every time you visit it.
The cookies we sometimes use are:
- Temporary (or session) cookies which are deleted when you close the browser or app
- Permanent (or persistent) cookies that remain until they expire or you delete them (persistent cookies let us remember you when you come back to visit us, so you don't have to log in again every time)
- First-party cookies used by one of our domains
- Third-party cookies placed by other domains outside our organisation
2. Which cookies do we use and why?
We use three types of cookies on our websites.
Dankzij deze cookies zorgen we ervoor dat u van optimaal gebruiksgemak geniet. We onthouden zo uw taalkeuze, zodat u die niet bij elk bezoek opnieuw moet ingeven. Daarnaast zorgen deze cookies ervoor dat u niet opnieuw een formulier moet invullen wanneer u een pagina herlaadt en dat u onze YouTube-video's kan bekijken.
XX streeft ernaar om altijd beter te doen. Niet alleen onze XX, maar ook het gebruiksgemak van onze website. Dankzij analyserende cookies en Google Analytics krijgen we inzicht in uw surfgedrag. Zo kunnen wij meer kennis opdoen en onze site altijd maar klantvriendelijker maken.
Met deze cookies zien we waarin u geïnteresseerd bent en welke producten u bekijkt. Zo kunnen we u nadien persoonlijke inspiratie en aanbiedingen sturen in zoekmachines en social media. Zonder deze cookies kunnen we u geen aanbiedingen sturen en mist u dus persoonlijke aanbevelingen op onze websites, nieuwsbrieven, e-mails, ...
3. How do you choose the cookies that we place?
We'll give you as much control as we can. Please note that if you reject cookies, some parts of our digital services will be less adapted to your needs and preferences.
The various options are given below.
If you're visiting one of our websites for the first time, you can accept or reject cookies. If you wish to change this later, click 'Change cookie preference'.
You can disable cookies in your browser settings. Adjusting these settings varies according to the type of browser. Check the help feature of your browser or its user guide: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
Certain browsers allow you to choose not to be tracked by websites ('Do Not Track'). We only consider our own cookie mechanisms and do not support ‘Do Not Track’.
4. What about your privacy?
In any collaboration with third parties, we ensure that they can't identify you from the data we collect using cookies.
When we collect personal data through cookies, we always do so in accordance with our Data Protection Statement, which we recommend reading.
If you have accepted cookies for our digital services, but change your mind later:
- We'll stop storing new data from the moment you reject cookies. If you change your cookie preference at a later time and give consent for their use again, we’ll add the new data to the previous data.
- We’ll continue to use the data already stored if you have given your consent to the use of ‘personalised information’. Find out more about personalised information in our UBB Data Protection Statement.
(Last updated on 31 October 2019)